Mission, Vision, Beliefs
Beecher Road School is a caring, creative community that models and inspires the joy of lifelong learning, embraces diversity, and celebrates the unique qualities of each person.
To provide a dynamic educational environment that challenges and empowers students to persevere as innovators and collaborators in preparation for their role as responsible global citizens.
We believe that
- All students can learn and it is the responsibility of our school system to provide the supports needed to reach high standards and success.
- Academic skills must meet the expectations of the CT Core Standards. The skills and attributes needed for success in the 21st century include critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, curiosity, problem solving, and citizenship.
- Meeting academic, artistic, behavioral, social, emotional, and physical needs is essential in educating the whole child.
- We have a responsibility to prepare our students for a rapidly changing world that includes the integration and use of technology.
- Our educational community will continue to grow and improve when all our staff members are expected and supported to learn.
- Our district has a responsibility to inform and engage the community as partners in education.
- Fiscal responsibility is a foundational tenet of our school system.
District/School Foundational Goals
- Prepare every child to be a highly successful and independent reader, writer, critical thinker and problem solver by the end of sixth grade.
- Build the foundations of character and wellness that are essential for responsible participation as a local, national and global citizen.