Summer Enrichment Program
SUMMER ENRICHMENT PROGRAM 2020 GOES VIRTUAL THIS SUMMER
Director: Sandra Simowitz
Phone: (203) 623-6221
At the end of May, the WBOE made the decision to close the BRS campus to all students in an effort to keep both students and staff safe from the threat the COVID-19 virus poses to groups of people. We have, therefore, updated our SEP 2020 offerings to provide you and your children with 27 virtual options that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your homes. Choose from at least 6 options every week, ranging from science to art, technology, crafting, sport, and culinary crafts, with a few special offerings thrown in as well. Your child will be virtually engaged with teachers in real time from 9:00 - 12:00 noon each day.
Please consider the following information, then click on the link to “Register Your Child for Classes” to see what is available to educate, entertain, thrill, and occupy your child in July.
There is currently no brochure, however, you may examine each class by filling in the boxes on the “Register Your Child For Classes” page
1. In the “Select Month” box, select “Summer Programs 2020”
2. In the “Program Type” box, select “SEP Week 1” (2,3,4)
3. Click on “Search”
Dates - SEP 2020 will run from Monday, July 6th to Friday, July 31st.
Classes - You may sign your child up for one class each week for each of the four weeks, or you may sign your child up for fewer classes, depending on need and interest.
Time - Classes will run from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon each day.
Cost - Each one-week class will cost $138.00. You may pay online with a credit card if you have a current account for each child. If you do not have an account for your child, you may add him/her to your existing family account or you will have to open an account by following the prompts on the “new user link.” This link may be found in the upper right corner of the “Register Your Child For Classes” page.
Payment - Payment may be made online with a credit card. If you must pay with cash, please send me a note at: SEP@woodbridgeps.org with your name and phone number, and I will contact you and register your child manually for classes.
Requirements for classes:
1. Each child must have a computer or laptop (in some cases, a tablet will work as well) in order to participate in the program.
2. A parent/custodian email address is needed for initial setup of the account, as well as follow up communication, if necessary.
3. All meetings and lessons will be delivered using Google Classroom and Meet. (Please note: current BRS students entering grades 3 through 6 this fall will be able to use their BRS credentials; students entering 1st grade, 2nd grade and 7th grade, or those children from outside of BRS, will need to supply their own gmail address or that of a custodian for access and communication).
4. Due to the nature of the program, only limited technical support is available.
In the new normal in which we are currently living, the Summer Enrichment Staff from Beecher Road School have done our utmost to create a program that will provide your child and you with what you both need this summer. Please give us a try.